If education is always to be conceived along the same antiquated lines of a mere transmission of knowledge, there is little to be hoped from it in the bettering of man’s future. For what is the use of transmitting knowledge if the individual’s total development lags behind?
~ Maria Montessori
Forest Hills Montessori nurtures each child in a loving, caring, and enriched environment. We teach the child to respect others, nature, and themselves while developing an internal love for learning. We are a community of children, parents, families, and highly qualified staff united by the Montessori philosophy which supports open communication, trust, and support.
We recognize and embrace the importance of community, cooperation, kindness and the acceptance of each person as a unique individual.
As a school community we value…
- Respect for self and others
- Honesty and integrity
- Grace and resilience
- Creativity and imagination
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Curiosity and innovation
- Courage and determination
- Inclusion of diverse perspectives and cultures
- Safety and security in our school
- Environment environmental responsibility, compassion, and kindness